New Business Permits
The Oxnard Downtown Management District (ODMD) has partnered with the Economic Development Corporation of Oxnard (EDCO) to help new and existing businesses with their permit needs.
Here is how it works!
If you’re looking for available properties for lease or sale, contact the ODMD at 805.385.2705 or download a current list from our website.
Once you’ve identified the property where you’d like to locate your business, you’ll need to verify the zoning on the property and ensure that your business is permitted within the Central Business District (CBD). EDCO can help you determine if you’re business is permitted in the CBD. You may contact EDCO at 805.385.7444 or 800.422.6332.
Once you’ve ensured your business is allowed in the CBD, you’re ready to begin the permit process. From start to finish, EDCO can help steer a course through the City’s permit requirements, with services such as:
- • Informal “trial balloon” inquiries with City for acceptance of specific uses at specific sites, before you commit to any one site.
- • Complimentary site/facility search.
- • Formal introductions at City Hall to key staff whose cooperation will be needed to get a project through the system.
- • Free estimates of City fees associated with a project.
- • Complimentary processing and delivery of Certificate of Occupancy, Zone Clearance, Business License, Tenant Improvement Permits and Sign Permits.
- • A helping hand with problems/issues as they may arise through the process.
Economic Development Corporation of Oxnard (EDCO)
400 E. Esplanade Dr., Suite 301
Oxnard, CA 93036
Phone: 805.385.7444 or 800.422.6332.
Fax: 805. 385.7452